or Schedule Online Now
The Inspection
Sample Report
Service Area
Contact Us
Get Your Report
Standards of Practice


  • Do you immediately provide a report after the inspection?
    • Because I put a lot of pictures in my reports, It usually takes me at least two hours to produce a report. I nearly always have the report finished and emailed by the end of the same day of the inspection.
  • Do you inspect in Washington?
    • I am not currently licensed in WA.
  • Why are your prices lower than most?
    • There are several reasons:
      • Though I have been in the home inspection business for over six years and performed hundreds of inspections, I recognize that there are many inspectors who have been at it for 10+ years. There are undoubtedly situations that I have not yet encountered. In general, I believe the inspections I provide are at least as valuable as the vast majority of other inspector's work. I frequently hear about inspectors who charge high dollar for a quick lookaround and a poor report.
      • Right now, I focus on a basic inspection and don't offer supplements like Thermal Imaging or Mold Testing.
      • I have many skills on which to draw and, therefore, don't have the overhead of things like graphic and web development. I also create my own software for this business, so I don't need to buy expensive off-the-shelf specialty programs.
      • I am perfectly happy living a modest life. I consider my fees a living wage.
      • I love the satisfaction of knowing I provide a great value and I enjoy the appreciation received from happy clients.
  • Do you inspect for Pests and Mold?
    • Yes, I visually inspect for evidence of WDI and Mold/Mildew and note anything found on the report. I do NOT perform mold testing, cannot identify whether mold is dangerous or not, nor how much mold is in the breathing environment..
  • Do you do Sewer Scopes?
    • I do not offer sewer scoping services at this time. I can recommend a company that performs sewer scopes and radon testing.
  • Do you offer Radon Testing?
    • No. I don't think there is much value in the two-to-three day monitoring that is available during a real estate transaction.
    • Whether the results are over or under the target levels, they only represent a very short snapshot in time. These tests cannot tell you what your true exposure is.
      • Is a high level the result of an abnormally high day?
      • Is a low level truly representative of long term exposure levels? Was the house kept sealed during the testing period?
    • To more accurately get a sense of your exposure, I recommend using one of the long term test kits(more than 90 days) once you are established in your home. Using these kits several times at various times a year may give you a better idea of your true exposure.
    • If a long term test result shows high levels (4 pCi/L +), a radon mitigation system can usually be installed fairly inexpensively.
  • Do you walk on the roof?
    • I walk any roof that I can get to by climbing one story when it is dry, safe, and a material that cannot be easily damaged.
      I inspect roofs that I cannot walk from the ground with binoculars or from a ladder. Though there is nothing as thorough as actually walking a roof, I can find most problems with binoculars.
  • What other inspections do you recommend?
    • Sewer scopes are always a good idea.
    • Underground oil tank locating, especially for homes built before the 1970's.
    • Roofing specialist inspection for Wood Shingle or Wood Shake roofs.
    • An EIFS inspection for homes with Exterior Insulation and Finish System siding.
    • Mold, Lead, Asbestos, and Radon testing, if any of these are a concern for you.
    • Energy audit, if this is a concern for you.
    • Some conditions I find while inspecting warrant further investigations by a specialist. These may include:
      • Chimney/Fireplace when significant issues are noted.
      • Pest (Wood Destroying Insect) when significant damage is noted.
      • Geotechnical or structural engineer when significant soil grading, foundation, or structural issues are noted.
      • Electrician when widespread or significant issues are noted with the wiring or in the panels.



Tim Mcgill
Oregon Certified Home Inspector
OCHI #1373
Oregon CCB #